This is where we will plan how the initial External Comments extension should look and how the code should be organized. Feel free to edit this page with your suggestions on these points. Adding additional subsections is encouraged (when appropriate). Once the initial planning has been done, this page will be used mainly as a reference for guiding the development process.
- a bar just above the status bar that contains a textbox for users to enter their comments and a list of all comments that have been posted along with the dates they were made
- shortcut key for opening/closing comments box (?)
Features to Use
- File I/O for storing comments; might want to research a prefences-based approach (about:config) or some sort of built-in database for such things
- +1 to about:config S3weber 20:24, 7 November 2007 (EST)
- Do about:config preferences have a maximum length? I can't seem to find any information on this so I assume they dont. --Pbutler 19:40, 14 November 2007 (EST)